Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hitting The [White] Carpet...

So being a little sister has its perks. You always have bigbrother to protect you from the assholes in the world (i mean, just saying you have an older brother is enough warning for any smartass wanting just a POA..) You always have someone to talk to about drinking, smoking, tattoos.. and well, you always have a date to the red carpet. Yes, I just said red carpet. Well, in this case it was the white carpet for the premiere of Kate Beckinsale's new movie, WHITEOUT.

Mike and I attended the screening on Wednesday September 9th at the Mann Village Theatre in Westwood.. It was the whole shabang. Papparazzi, designer dresses and heels, limos, free popcorn and yes, Kate herself. The movie was good (and I'm not just saying that because of the experience that went with it) It had an original story and kept you guessing the entire time. Shocking twist at the end too. I very much enjoyed it. The only thing I definitely took note of during the movie was the fact that I was sitting in the same room as the woman on the huge screen in front of me. This was strange...

Ahh I know what you're thinking. Katie, How in the hell did you manage to get invited to this kinda thing anyway? Well, my big brother is married to a 'somebody' and she knows lotsa big names in the business. That's all i'm gonna say..
And now you're wondering If my big brother and I are importante enough to get invited to the Afterparty...

We are.

This is where I met Kate. Yup. Shook her hand, exchanged 'nice-t0-meet-you's'
She's stunning in person. I was almost speechless. Best Night in a long time! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment