Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Morning

So it's Christmas morning...
I'm laying face down on the bed, dreading the attempt I'm about to make at being a morning person. Let's just face it, I hate waking up and Christmas morning is the worst morning for people like me. We have to be happpyyy and say Merry Christmas and say I love you and get all excited over presents. Don't get me wrong Christmas is great; I just like it around right now, after I've had a cup of coffee and woken up a bit.. not at the crack-o-dawn. Anyway, back to waking up... I crack open an eye, ignoring my pesky little brother coming my way to most likely poke me or hit me with a pillow, and the first thing I see are waves. BIG waves, and driftwood and a small dusting of snow on the sand. Taking note on where I am, a hotel on the beach in Oregon, waves are a given.. but these waves are pretty much knocking on the window of our room. Our hotel sits right on the sand on top of a seawall. I sit up and my dad says that the waves are around twenty-eight feet, so says the news. Ahh, this is perfect because all I really want to do is sit and relax and watch the waves. After I grab my cup of coffee, the rain outside turns into these big fat snowflakes and another wave rolls in, crashing up against the sea wall. It's not even high tide and it's doing this. So entertaining.
This is why I don't wanna go home...

No comments:

Post a Comment